Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Experimental Desserts


Becoming gluten-free doesn't mean dessert free. I have posted brands that help with that. Cherrybrook Farms Kitchen has the easiest baking mixes I have found. You pretty much add water and oil, bake, and its done. However, a month of chaos and I do not have a box in my house. We have a birthday party later so I grabbed the box of King Arthur Flour GF brownie mix. Big Fat Fail!!

Next, I tried gluten-free and egg-free vanilla cupcakes. http://www.sarahbakesgfree.com/2013/03/gluten-free-vegan-vanilla-cupcakes.html
I made a variety of recipe in the link above. I added some coconut flour, exchanged coconut oil for sunflower oil, and used regular vanilla milk instead coconut milk. They came out great! Phew. 

Finally, with the left over weird brownie mixture and leftover vanilla cake mixture I experimented.  Mix both and bake again... Actually, it was not too bad. With all that sugar, I can't imagine the kids not liking them. Next time though, I may just bring a box of Enjoy Life Cookies. 

No comments: