Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Disney with Allergies

Disney on a three day weekend was an awful idea! My son, Vince, wanted to go there instead of have a birthday party this year. I didn't realize there was a marathon, NJ teacher convention, and it was Veteran's Day. I thought we would pop in to the Food & Wine Festival, enjoy our wine while the kids frolicked around happy and high on Disney. I did not envision lines too long for an adult's patience and definitely too long for three hyper children. Vince kept asking to go back to the hotel. Thank God my kids didn't care what rides they went on and we just hung back and went on whatever rides had short lines.

While I was not worrying about how busy it was going to be, I was worrying about the food. I assumed there would be some options but did not realize how many. Thanks to a fellow mom of kids with allergies, who is also obsessed wit Disney, I was able to go to Disney worry free! (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspergers-and-Allergies-and-ADHD-Oh-My/498157626910265?ref=hl)

I had no idea, but Disney is the place to be if you have food issues. They have a more choices and educated chefs than anywhere I have been so far. We had a chef come to our table at every restaurant from the quick fast food places to the nicer restaurants. I even learned about a new brand while I was there, OMG (http://omgitsglutenfree.com). With sooo many options, I pigged out! We had their chicken nuggets, pizza, fries, mac n cheese, brownies, corn bread, ribs...OMG!

So if you are headed to Disney, you don't even need to research. Ask the nearest "Cast Member" and they will send out a handy, knowledgable chef to help you. So lines or not, enjoy the Disney Dining.

No comments: