Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Chickpeas)

Me - "Morning Girls! Lets make cookies for breakfast!"
Ava, with a puzzled look on her face - "Did you turn into Daddy?"

I wonder who is the good cop in my house? I went away on a girls trip a few weeks ago over Father's Day weekend (oops). I left Will and the kids with a huge basket of candy, movies, gift cards, and pool toys. Yes, I was feeling guilty for leaving Will on Father's Day and was trying to make the weekend as easy for him as possible. Well, as the weekend was coming to an end Ava asked Will, "When is Mommy going away again?!" ARGH!! Does she even notice he didn't do dishes, laundry, go grocery shopping, clean her room?? Just kidding, I was angry at first but then quickly realized I don't have to feel guilty about going away again! Girls trip anyone??

Anyways, I saw this recipe for chocolate chip cookies using chickpeas and peanut butter (I used SunButter) and thought it would make a good breakfast treat. And it did!! I have to at least try and be the fun parent sometimes.

Check out the link below and Enjoy!

http://www.texanerin.com/2012/04/grain-free-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-bites.html

No comments: