Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Banana Muffins


I love when our bananas get too ripe to eat, an excuse to make banana bread. Today I decided to try banana muffins and I researched some sugar free ideas. I can't exactly quote a website or recipe because I took ideas from a few. Here is what I came up with:

Banana Muffins

In a VitaMix (or if you don't have one just mix)...
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 brown bananas
1/2 cup honey
3 tsp Ener-G egg replacer mixed with 2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 6 Tbsp water

Once those are blended add...
1 cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Blend again. Then fill muffin tins 3/4 way full and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

So the house isn't clean, the laundry isn't put away, and the grocery shopping isn't done, but we have fresh banana muffins. Sunday Funday.


No comments: