Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pancake Puffs and a Migraine Shake

When I delivered Vince my mom asked what kind of food I wanted waiting at home. Pancake Puffs. It was an infomercial at the time and it was all I could think about. They were delicious. Today, when the kids woke me up fighting, I decided to make the Pancake Puffs and hope it would put them in a better mood. I used the Maple Grove Farms Gluten Free Pancake mix. Emma, my pancake connoisseur, loved them!


And in regards to the Migraine Shake.... the girls, especially Ava, have been suffering with migraines for years now. We have been to a neurologist, ENT, allergist, pediatrician, and still no answers. They are just classic migraines. There are guidelines to try and minimize them such as have kid on a strict routine, never skip a meal, early bedtime, no nitrates, lots of water, no soda, healthy weight. We do it all. There are some websites that recommend magnesium, vitamin B2, and fish oils. So, this morning I added all three to a smoothie with orange juice, peaches, bananas, and Kefir yogurt drink. Apparently, that was as yummy as the pancakes. Of course, I would not suggest using those unless talking to your doctor. 

So, I sign off today in hopes the kids stay in a good mood and headache free.

No comments: