Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Chicken & Pepper Enchiladas


It is pretty obvious that I love Mexican food. I am sorry if it is overkill on the Mexican recipes. However, I just discovered the Fontera Pouches and had to share. (BEWARE, they are not all allergy safe. I almost bought one that had sesame oil! Read the ingredients carefully.) A few are labeled Gluten-free, including the Red Chile Enchilada Sauce.

Chicken & Veggie Enchiladas:
So I put chicken & peppers in the crock pot with salsa (Jack's Special) for 6 hours. (If you don't have a crock pot you can saute it in a skillet instead). After about 5 hours I  shredded the chicken. When it was done cooking, I added the chicken & peppers to corn tortillas and topped with Fontera Enchilada Sauce and some cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes of until the cheese starts to bubble.

Moros Rice:
In the rice cooker, I added 1 cup brown rice, 2 cups of water, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1 can of black beans.

Quacamole:
In the Vitamix I added cilantro, 4 small avocados, juice from 1 lemon, salt, pepper, and a 2 spoonfuls of Jack's Special Salsa. Blend on the lowest speed while mashing down. (If you don't have a Vitamix you can mash it in a bowl). I served with Late July Organic Sea Salt by the Seashore Chips.

Muy Delicioso!

No comments: