Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Oatmeal Cranberry Waffles, Gluten-free + Egg-free + Dairy-free

Good Morning! Since the girls slept AN HOUR later than usual today I decided to reward them with a special breakfast. I love making them pancakes or waffles but today I wanted to eat them too. So I made a concoction....

The Vitamix cookbook has a recipe for Oatmeal Cranberry Waffles that I altered. I used the Vitamix but if you don't have one you can just mix it. Also, if you don't have a waffle maker you can use this mix and make pancakes.

In Vitamix on low speed mix:
1 cup GF pancake/waffle mix (today I used Maple Grove Farms)
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup hemp seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cup water

Then add:
1 cup GF oats
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sunflower seeds

Add 1 cup to heated waffle maker. I use the hottest setting, I like waffles crispy.

Top with Coconut Butter & Maple Syrup, and Enjoy!!!

No comments: