Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Meatballs & Spaghetti with Baked Broccoli, Gluten-Free + Dairy-Free

Traditional Meatballs & Spaghetti, but without the egg, gluten, bread crumbs...I hope it is not because I have been off the gluten so long, or the red wine, or because I made it, but I am confident this meal is fabulous!

Meatballs:
1/8 cup Ian's Gluten Free bread crumbs
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
salt
1/8 cup water
1 lb Ground Beef (85/15)
olive oil
1 jar of sauce (I used Classico Traditional Sweet Basil)

Mix the bread crumbs, garlic, basil, salt, and water in a bowl. Then add the beef and mix well. Put some olive oil in a frying pan on low. Start making meatballs (about 1 inch thick) and add to the frying pan. Cook slightly on all sides and then either add 1 jar of sauce and simmer 30 minutes OR put sauce and meatballs in a crock pot and cook 2 hours. I used the crock pot because of our busy schedule today.

Spaghetti:
Ancient Harvest Quinoa Spaghetti

Baked Broccoli:
Put pieces of broccoli on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Try it and let me know if you agree. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.



2 comments:

Melissa S Hudson said...

You are awesome!!!!

Melissa S Hudson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.