Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Brisket, gluten-free


Lately I have been talking to my mommy girl friends about how emotional our daughters can be. I always feel like I have to admit that I too was a highly emotional kid. A good example is the day I came home from high school and saw that my mom was making brisket. I don't know, I guess I just wasn't in the mood for brisket that day. I CRIED! I literally cried, tears and all. Yes, total brat. But the worst part is for years my mom assumed I didn't like brisket and stopped making it. That was not the case, I loved brisket, just not that day.

Ok, I promise after this I will start posting non-crock pot recipes but this is a good one. The brisket recipe I used to use required Lipton Soup mix, which has gluten. So I just made up another one...no special occasion, just in the mood for brisket.

Brisket:
Brisket
BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
Saucy Susan
Coconut Oil

Put brisket in crock pot and put an equal amount of BBQ sauce and Saucy Susan to cover the brisket. Add some coconut oil. Cook 7 hours.

Serve with brown rice, or your side of choice, and Enjoy!

1 comment:

Doris said...

This sounds yummy. I like crock pot recipes, gonna try this for sure.