Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Delivery, Home Cooked, Allergy-Free Meals

It is sort of my dream come true! If I can't make my kids allergies go away, I hope for there to be companies that make my life easier. In the past, ordering in was a life saver. Now when we have a lot of guests over, I am torn between the risks of ordering in verse slaving in the kitchen all day. My newest discovery and answer to this dilemma is a company called Nutritious Family.

www.nutritiousfamily.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nutritious-Family/227314293958759?ref=ts&fref=ts

First, I spoke with Staci, the owner, and discussed our family's food restrictions. Second, she emailed me five choices of meals. She charges by the meal, either adult portion or child. Third, I emailed her my choices and how many of each. Fourth, 24 hours later it was delivered to our door in trays ready to put in the oven!!

I did this for my dad's birthday dinner. There were 11 of us and I ordered 11 adult meals, each came with sides.

Chicken Piccata with Cauliflower Mash & Asparagus
Spaghetti Squash Primavera with Turkey Meatballs & Antipasta Salad
Veggie Fried Rice with Chicken Satay
Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa and Broccoli

Every single bite was fresh and delicious and for almost the first time I didn't have to worry about my kids or myself eating something we are allergic to. We could all eat every single thing on the table...and we did!! No one could figure out what their favorite was, we all liked everything. We even had a self proclaimed "foodie" at the table and she texted me this morning for the contact information.

You can either order their weekly meals, like I did, or use their other services which include personal shopping and cooking, chef lessons, kids lunches (for orders of 10 or more), and coaching (long distance or local).

I highly recommend using this service if you or your family has food restrictions, enjoys eating healthful meals, or just want some help in the kitchen!

Order and enjoy!

1 comment:

Melissa S Hudson said...

Nutritious Families is AMAZING!!! So glad your family had such a great meal!!!