Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Gluten-free ideas

I keep hearing from people that they want to try cutting gluten out but don't know where to start. This is exactly how I felt. It wasn't until a doctor told me to try it for Vince that I felt motivated enough to start. Like I have said, he is no longer gluten-free but I am and it is worth it! I walked around for years feeling bloated and uncomfortable. I was asked frequently if I was pregnant because my belly was disproportionately big compared to my body. I am not saying that everyone should cut gluten out. Everyone knows their body best. But for those of you who want to decrease the amount of gluten or cut it out completely, here are some of my ideas.

Breakfast ideas..
Natures Path Chia Plus frozen waffles with Coconut Spread
Yogurt and gluten-free granola
Smoothies
Chex cereal with milk of choice
Eggs

Kids Lunch ideas..
Yogurt drinks
Yogurts
Apple Sauce
Enjoy Life snack bars
Edamame (I buy frozen and put it in a tupperware and it defrosts by lunch time)
Popchips
Pirate Booty
Dried fruit snacks
Mini hummus (if no sesame allergy) and gluten-free crackers or pretzels
Corn chips and salsa and/or quacamole

Lunch ideas..
Salad and chicken
Eggs on gluten-free bread (I like Udi's)
Tuna on gluten-free bread or with gluten-free crackers
Smoothie
Gluten-free soups

Dinner ideas..
Quinoa, Rice, or Potatoes with any meat & veggies
Mexican-use corn tortillas
Italian-use shredded zucchini, spaghetti squash, or quinoa pasta to replace pasta
Asian-Never use Soy Sauce unless you are certain it is gluten-free
Sushi-Imitation crab and tempura have gluten. Rice, fish, and veggie rolls ok

Dessert ideas...
Lucy's cookies
Ginny Bakes cookies
Immaculate Baking Co. cookie and brownie dough
Cherrybrook Kitchen baking mixes
Ice cream
Fruit

And tonight for dinner I made a variation of this soup from Against All Grain :

http://www.againstallgrain.com/2013/01/30/leftover-roast-chicken-soup-with-roasted-vegetables/

No comments: