Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chicken Fajitas, Moros Rice, & Sangria

What goes well with Sangria? Yea, that's where I am starting tonight. I like my meals, drinks, and desserts to match. And tonight, all I care about is the sangria. And if you were walking by my house 10 minutes ago and heard me screaming you would have probably brought me a bottle yourself.

Sangria:
Red Wine
Lime Sparkling Water
Canned fruit with some of the juice

Chicken Fajitas:
Chicken breast tenders
Salsa
Tri-colored peppers, sliced long

I put them in the crock pot for 3 hours (so that they did not shred). But you can saute them in a pan. Put in corn tortillas and top with either quacamole, sour cream, or cheese. BTW if you buy "Fajita seasoning packets" in the store be very careful, they may contain gluten. Just add your own spices and seasoning if you have a gluten allergy.

Moros Rice:
1 cup brown rice
2 cups water
1 can black beans
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt

Put all the ingredients in the rice cooker. I think this is a cuban dish. If you are ever in a cuban restaurant, order this!! It is amazing. It is pretty much rice cooked in black beans.

Drink, eat, and enjoy your evening!








No comments: