Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Pancakes, gluten-free + egg-free

When I told my mom that we are experimenting with taking Ava off gluten too, she said, "What about Pancakes!?!"

It took a while to find a pancake mix without egg, but now I had to find one without gluten. I bought Bisquick Gluten-Free Pancake and Baking Mix. And in typical Dani cooking fashion, I just started adding things.

Chocolate Coconut Pancakes:
1 cup Bisquick Gluten-Free mix
1 cup Soy milk
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
6 tbsp water
1/4 cup Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
3 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Spectrum Essentials Decadent Blend (Chia & Flax Seed with Coconut & Cocoa)

I added the hemp seeds for some protein, ground flaxseed instead of egg, and the rest for fun!

It sounds super sweet but it actually wasn't. The coconut and cocoa blend just add a little character and made it exciting for the kids. You can top with butter & syrup or just some coconut spread.

Will even gave it the non-gluten-free person approval.

(BTW, This Coconut & Cocoa blend is amazing. I have been putting it in our protein shakes and in baking mixes. I found it at Whole Foods.)

Enjoy!!

No comments: