Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday Ribs, Chips, and Corn Muffins, gluten-free + egg-free + nut-free

Don't miss out on Super Bowl food today. Personally, it devastates  me when I can't eat the traditional food on a special day. And all week, with Super Bowl hype, I have had ribs on my mind. When I was pregnant people always asked what my cravings were. Pregnancy cravings were nothing new to me. I ALWAYS had cravings. Always have and always will. And this week, the craving is ribs. I made Will turn around last night, minutes from our house, to go buy a rack of ribs.

Along with slow cooked ribs, we are making homemade sweet potato chips and gluten-free corn, fig, and orange muffins (from the NY Times, sent to me by my first friend/best friend Eden). I am sorry if I overdose on the slow cooker, it is just so easy.

Ribs:
Rack of Ribs
Diced Garlic
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Brown Sugar
Salt & Pepper
BBQ sauce

Mix & Rub the dry ingredients on the ribs and place in slow cooker on their side. Rub the garlic on the ribs. Cook 7 hours. When done rub BBQ sauce on them and convection bake at 450 for 10 to 15 minutes.

Chips:
Sweet Potatoes
Salt
Olive Oil

Slice the potatoes in thin circles. Sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Bake at 400 for 75 minutes, or until crispy.

Corn, Fig, & Orange Muffins:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/health/gluten-free-cornmeal-fig-and-orange-muffins-recipes-for-health.html?ref=healthhttp://&_r=0
I, of course, substituted a few things. I also did not let the figs soak for an hour...too complicated for me.
For the egg-Ground Flaxseed + Non Fat Greek Yogurt
For the buttermilk-Soy milk
For the flour-All purpose Gluten-free flour

Who cares about football, enjoy the food!



No comments: