Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Baked Chicken Cutlets, egg-free + gluten-free + sesame-free

If I had to pick 3 foods I remember eating as a child, chicken cutlets would make the list. (Off the top of my head...meatballs, chicken cutlets, and take out.) We ate them with a Ketchup/BBQ sauce mixture.

Bread crumbs obviously have gluten but they also usually contain egg and sesame. Even when I could eat gluten, eggs, and sesame I never made them as good as my mom. But now I have to try and find a decent recipe that my whole family can eat without whining, complaining, or hives... and taste near as good as my moms.

Ians makes a gluten free bread crumb, similar tasting to panko, and instead of egg I am going to try a coconut oil and yogurt mixture. Here we go...


Baked Chicken Cutlets:
Chicken cutlets
Ian's Gluten Free bread crumbs
Plain Greek Yogurt
Coconut Oil

First, I mixed some coconut oil and yogurt in a bowl. Second, I put the bread crumbs in a bowl. Third, I rubbed coconut oil in a lasagna pan.

I dipped the chicken in the oil and yogurt mixture, then in the bread crumbs, then put in the oiled pan. Bake at 350 for about 40-50 minutes, depends how thick the chicken is.

Serve with any of your favorite sides. Tonight we are having sauteed spinach and brown rice. And I am having some white sangria (white wine, sprite, and canned fruit cocktail). The more whining in my house the more wine in my house.

Enjoy!


No comments: