Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Meat Sauce + Spaghetti Squash

I really really really don't like complicated cooking. When a meal takes longer to prep than it does to eat I won't make it again. I end up exhausted and angry and don't enjoy the meal it took me all afternoon to cook.

Maybe that is my fascination with the crock pot. I cook early in the day and by the time dinner rolls around I feel like I ordered in. Clean kitchen and dinner is ready.

Today I made crock pot meat sauce + spaghetti squash.

Meat Sauce:
Olive oil
Carrots
Celery
Onion
Garlic
Ground beef
Tomato Sauce

Saute the veggies and garlic in olive oil. Put in crock pot. Saute meat. Put in crock pot. Add jar of sauce. Cook 6 hours.

Spaghetti Squash:
Cut in half length wise and put face down on tin foil on baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 60 minutes. Spoon out the spaghetti.

Mix the Squash in the Sauce, top with parmesan cheese (if you aren't dairy-free), and Enjoy!


No comments: