Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

BBQ chicken and Cornbread pudding, gluten-free + egg-free

We went to a party this weekend and there was cornbread. I LOVE cornbread and so does Ava. Neither one of us could eat it and so I made dinner tonight with cornbread in mind. In the last few months, I have made several variations of a gluten-free + egg-free cornbread pudding. But like I have said, I never make the same thing twice and until I started this blog I never kept a record of how I made things. So, in addition to hopefully helping other people, I am now keeping a record of my recipes!

BBQ night at my house.

Chicken:
Put Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and chicken in the crock pot and push start. Cook about 5 hours. I try and shred the chicken about 4 hours into it so it absorbs more BBQ sauce. But if you are out and about it isn't mandatory.

Gluten-free + Egg-free cornbread pudding:
1/4 cup butter melted, you can substitute with a dairy-free butter 
1 cup any milk, I used coconut
1 can corn
1 can creamed corn
1 cup GF cornmeal
1 cup GF garbanzo bean flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp honey
1 tbsp Ener G egg replacer
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds

Mix all together and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.

You can add green beans, baked beans, sweet potato fries, or cole slaw as sides to these dishes and Enjoy!

No comments: