Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"Show Me Juice" Concoctions

con·coct  (kn-kkt)
tr.v. con·coct·edcon·coct·ingcon·coct
1. To prepare by mixing ingredients, as in cooking.
2. To devise, using skill and intelligence; contrive:
(thefreedictionary.com)

Concoct. This is exactly what I do on a daily basis with my  +Vitamix  Blender. Although I wouldn't say using "skill and intelligence". More like using "experimentation". Like I said, I never make the same thing twice. This also goes for the weird concoctions that I create in a blender. My husband, Will, asked me this week, "What is this? Health juice?" Yea, something like that.

This has been going on in my house since the girls could drink out of a straw. They used to call it "Show Me Juice". For years, that is just what we called anything made in the blender. I still don't know where that name came from but it was cute so it stuck.

Here are the most popular "Show Me Juices" in my house:

"Purple Juice"
Frozen mixed berries
Aloe Vera juice
Orange juice
Spinach
Kale
Fish Oil (+Carlson for Kids)
Banana

"Green Juice"
Spinach
Kale
Cucumber
Ginger Root (about a half inch piece)
Orange Juice
Frozen Peaches

"Chocolate Juice"
Chocolate Protein Powder ( +Arbonne International has a dairy-free pea protein based one I love)
Banana
Spoonful of Sunbutter (nut-free substitute for peanut butter)
Ice
Water

Other ingredients I sometimes throw in:
Flax Oil
Vitamin C oil
+Juice Plus+ 
Frozen Mangos
Avocado (Makes the smoothie creamy)
+Lifeway Kefir  (adds probiotics)
Plain Greek Yogurt
Hemp Seeds (adds protein)
Ground Flaxseeds
Oregano Oil


Happy Blending and Enjoy!








No comments: