Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Banana Bread, gluten-free + nut-free + egg-free

I have been searching for a good egg-free + nut-free banana bread for years. But trying to also make a good gluten-free one is a whole new challenge.

This weekend I decided I would try a coconut banana bread. Who knows what I did, but after 2 hours in the oven it still looked like raw dough. I am an impatient cook and don't bother with recipes, or if I do, I am the queen of modifying. Partially because I have to substitute allergens, partially because I don't have all the ingredients, and partially because I always want to be creative. These are all reasons why I never make the same thing twice. I just start dumping flaxseeds, hemp seeds, yogurt, coconut oil, etc.

So tonight I dug deep in the "recipe drawer" and found an oldie from COOKS.com. "Super Moist Banana Bread". I, of course, modified and I am feeling like it might be good. I can't believe I am even posting about it while it is still in the oven but what else am I going to do for the 45 minutes? Certainly not clean the house, do the laundry, or put away the boxes of Costco snacks I just bought.

So here is the modified recipe:
MIX:
1/2 cup of butter, room temp
1 cup of sugar
ADD:
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 tbsp of Ener G Egg Replacer mixed with 2 tbsp of water
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda
MIX AND ADD:
1 cup GF all purpose flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1 tbsp of ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tbsp of water

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.

I hope it comes out good... and if you make it too, Enjoy!








1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was delicious! I had to bake it 55 minutes but ovens vary, so check it at 45.